Current Weather at Strickley

Friday 29 April 2011

Back Home

It's been a whirlwind week. No sooner had we had the Easter weekend, then Henry and I were off on our "holiday". When I retired in December the Directors at Lakeland gave me a two night break anywhere I wanted (for me and guest, so I took Henry!). I knew we wouldn't be able to get away until most of the stock was out so April was about as soon as we could hope for. The date was sealed when I saw that Bellowhead were at York Opera House on 27th April. Everything slotted into place - last year when it was our Ruby Wedding, my friends in the IT Department gave us Ticketmaster vouchers, which we could now use.

So, two days of not having to think about meals, and especially welcome, being able to sleep in.

Wednesday night we went to see Bellowhead. A band to be experienced live. If you've never heard them - or better seen them (look them up on YouTube, or on their website) - don't be misled by the words "folk music". The subjects may sometimes be grim (e.g. Cholera), or bawdy or even sentimental, but the treatment is their own. Traditionally they're a band to watch at a standing venue as it's very hard to keep still. Fortunately for those of us not as fit as we should be, this was a seated concert. We were right at the front and felt very much part of the action.

Compared to the Saw Doctors last week? No contest. Sorry Saw Doctors.

We were back home by yesterday afternoon and Henry was soon out picking stones off the ploughing. All good things etc.

No comments: