Current Weather at Strickley

Sunday 5 September 2010

A soldiers story - part 2

.
As promised in the previous post, these are copies of the Chelsea Pensioner documents for my Great Great Grandfather James Garnett. If you click on each image it should open up so you can zoom in and read it. Each one is followed by transcriptions. I've had to add these as images as Blogger resisted all my attempts are formatting at anything other than the most basic level. So, there could be lots of clicking involved. If the transcriptions display correctly, anything in Italics was handwritten in the original. I have made a bit of an attempt to read and transcribe the names, but most have defeated me. If anyone is really interested, I cam email them better copies.



















































No comments: