Current Weather at Strickley

Wednesday 3 September 2008

There May Be Trouble Ahead

Ever since we first went on line (in the slow old days of dial-up) we have been with the same ISP. We stayed with them we we eventually got Broadband, and then took advantage of their offer of webspace to launch the Strickley website.

We've been happy with their service and would probably have stayed with them. Although I had started to look at other options after our broadband problems last week. But while I was chasing up the non-working of the Strickley site after their upgrade, I was told that they are stopping hosting members' sites from next Monday!

So it's time to jump ship. I think we will put all our eggs in one basket - broadband, website and domain. I will start to phone up today, but I don't expect it to be instant. So apologies in advance for any disruption in service. As I can update the Blog from any PC I can post updates of the progress

No comments: