Current Weather at Strickley

Wednesday 18 April 2007

Back to the real job . .

Back to the real job . . well, the one that pays the bills.

There's advantages and disadvantages to working a rather unique shift pattern. The main advantage is time off during the week (3 days together every six weeks), which gives me time to keep on top of things (farm paperwork, shopping, cooking and cleaning - if there's time left over and/or we're having visitors). I've been at home 5 days now, and miraculously the first two days at the weekend were hot and sunny, so I did that very rare thing - worked in the garden. I also sat out and read a lot (well, it might be all the summer we get). Then it's been three days of mainly paperwork, with enough shopping to get us by. But now the bills are all paid, the PAYE end of year has been submitted, I'm on top of the VAT and the bits of paper are all filed (or stacked in the woodburning stove waiting to be burnt), and I'm ready to switch off one hat and put on my IT one. And that's the disadvantage, if I immerse myself in home and farm life, it's very hard to go back into work. But needs must.

No comments: