Current Weather at Strickley

Sunday 18 July 2010

Virtual vs Actual Reality

.
In my minds eye I have this vision.

It's a hot sunny day (but not too hot).
I'm drifting round the paddock in a long floaty summer dress, wearing a straw hat decorated with fresh flowers.
People are sitting around on the closely mown grass sipping cooling drinks, or sheltering in the shade of the marquee.

But my minds eye is starting to let me down.

It's raining. The forecast is more rain. The grass is growing and it's too wet to cut. The marquee is still at a Country Fair and too wet to take down.

The solution - use the barn - still in pristine condition after the Grayrigg Barbecue (see earlier post)

2 comments:

Rob said...

I've just checked the 10-day forecast on weather.co.uk and it was sunny from Friday onwards!

Strickley said...

If the sun does shine on Sunday, I can still (more or less) float about in a sun hat in the afternoon, then we'll head inside to dance the night away.

I don't trust 10 forecasts though!