Current Weather at Strickley

Thursday 28 August 2008

Looking For Good News

Firstly, apologies to regular Weather Watchers. As we are still without Broadband (10 days now) I can't give you an up to date view of the weather at Strickley. It is still recording and saving the data on the computer, so if anyone is really really interested, when everything is back to normal, all the graphs and trends will be uploaded.

I've been in daily contact with our ISP and BT (except over the Bank Holiday when everyone shut down except us) and have the possible promise of an engineer on site tomorrow. I will be at home for the next few days so there's also a possible threat that I will lock the door and not let the engineer escape until it is fixed. We thought at first it was the lightening that struck us down, but it has been suggested that the line was too fast for us (at 2 mb) and we were "on the limit". So while everyone gets upgraded to amazing speeds, we get downgraded to a lowly 512 kb. I'm tending to think that this is our ISP's last chance and I'm looking at other options.

And now the Good News (and proof that I'm getting older). Elliot started his new school today. In Leicestershire they move on at 10 (rather than 11). Victoria took his photograph first thing today (before he's played football in the playground or lost his tie). If you want to read Victoria's Blog, get in touch with her as it's by invitation only.
And next week Robert starts "proper school", having been to Pre-school - and Chris moves onto Pre School.
Fletcher is walking and Izzy almost riding a bike, so there's no stopping the younger generation.

And finally, I'm sorry for not replying to emails since 18th - I can read them online (courtesy of other people's computers) but I'm saving them up to reply when we get ourselves sorted.

No comments: