Current Weather at Strickley

Friday 11 January 2008

Out To Lunch

When I'm at work I tend to eat "on the go" at my desk. I may slow down for a while, but there is no real break. This doesn't bother me and I would rather keep going all day than stop for the sake of it. But yesterday I met up with an old friend and we had a civilised lunch (still just sandwiches and coffee, but presented on a plate not out of a plastic box or the ubiquitous triangular packet). We caught up on family news since we last met, had a few grumbles about life and looked forward to the Big Party I'm planning for someones Significant Birthday. I would like to think that I went back to work refreshed and raring to go, but after a few minutes back at my desk it was if I had never been away. There's no good fairy that sits in your chair while you're away and magically solves the problems for you.

At least my dinner was on time. Poor Henry spent the morning leaning on a rail at the Auction waiting for some young bulls to be sold before getting home for his bread and cheese after two o'clock.

O Day minus 142

No comments: