Current Weather at Strickley

Thursday 19 March 2015

Are you ready?

Are you ready?
We were ready in 1999.
We booked the campsite in Cornwall the year before.
We packed the caravan.
I assembled OS maps in abundance (pre Sat Nav).
I got the Special Glasses.
Henry rushed around the farm so we could get away bright and early in the morning.
Then Oops!
I had a phone call at work from James to say he'd taken Henry to A&E with a towel wrapped round his toes (so keep them together).
So no trip down south (well, no further than the hospital at Lancaster).
By the big day came he was on crutches and we sat on the porch at home to watch the partial eclipse through clouds.
BUT, I kept the glasses in a Safe Place and I've got them out ready for tomorrow morning.
When at least I will sit on the porch and watch the sky maybe darken; clear skies are not forecast.
But, I'll be ready!

No comments: