Current Weather at Strickley

Thursday 13 February 2014

A Tale of Three Deliveries

1. Two new settees.
2. One CD.
3. Seven plates.

1. The new settees are still wrapped in very large brown paper bags, and rather blocking the hall (see post of 10/02/2014.)


2. I ordered a CD of early Folk Music from Amazon. It was dispatched, but then disappeared into some unknown black hole. When I chased it, it was "lost in transit". I was offered a replacement or refund. An easy decision - as it came with "Auto Rip" (as soon as I ordered the physical copy I could download a digital copy - which I did).

3. I'm a bit of collector of Cloverleaf pots that feature Shorthorn cows. As these are now discontinued, the main source is Ebay. I have to admit to having a rather large collection, and don't really need any more. But occasionally something comes up that is too good to miss. I found a set of seven plates in a size and design I hadn't got, so put in an optimistic bid. I was lucky and got them for a very good price. They arrived yesterday, very well packed and clearly labelled "fragile". But after removing all the protective packaging this is was we found -


Results

1. We are getting a new door onto the patio.
2. I got a download for free.
3. I got all my money refunded, plus I get one free unbroken plate.

No comments: