Current Weather at Strickley

Tuesday 20 November 2012

Worrying needlessly

For the past couple of weeks I had been worrying about Sunday night. We had tickets to see Bellowhead in concert at The Lowry (Manchester). We hadn't seen them live since April 2011, and with much regret and a certain degree of bitterness (on my part) had to forego our planned trip to see them at Harrogate in July (see the post here) when the rain stopped and the sun shone. So I had high expectations of this concert. I had the latest album, and had read "rave reviews" of the first week of their tour, but was secretly worried that I was expecting too much.

How wrong could I be - it was the best concert I had ever been to. It helped that we had seats in the middle of the front row, only a couple of yards from the band (and even closer when they danced on the very edge of the stage). They didn't just sing the songs, or even just perform them, they did so much more than that. I can't describe the experience, but for an nearly two hours the stage was a whirl of eleven musicians and twice as many instruments, waving arms and leaping feet.

We won't get a chance to see them again for a while, so I sneaked a couple of photos as reminders of a wonderful night.



Sorry, we were so near that I could only get 9 of the 11 in this photo!

No comments: