Current Weather at Strickley

Friday 25 May 2012

Blue sky, green grass, and a sunny outlook . . .

. . . can only mean one thing - it's silage time!

James started mowing just after dinner and Henry has got the "rowing up machine" hooked up to the tractor and ready to go. He'll be whizzing round the mowed fields just ahead of the contractor's forage harvester (due tomorrow dinnertime).

As usual I took some photographs, but I used the camera on my new phone. It's all a bit technical and it will take me a bit to catch up with this new technology. Gone are the days when I worked in IT and I've slipped a bit behind. The pictures of the mower are OK (but we've got much better ones from other years) and the video is definitely a bit shaky (but see the Blog for May 2011 to watch the same actions 12 months ago). But this photo is not too bad. It does show the brilliant blue sky - not touched up or enhanced in any way!


P.S

James is hoping to get a couple of hours off tonight to watch Robert (8) in his first cricket match. So, good luck to Sedgwick Under 10's against Netherfiels Under 10's.

No comments: