Current Weather at Strickley

Sunday 29 April 2012

More live music

On Friday we went to another "live gig" (is that different to a concert?). This time there was no travelling, as it was Paul Brady at Kendal's Brewery Arts Centre. We last saw him there in the 80's and apart from ageing at the same rate as most of the audience he hasn't changed. I don't think I mentioned how good the Spiers and Boden concert was at Arnside last week. Two people and two instruments made you forget that it was actually just a village hall with tortuous stacking chairs. It was unallocated seating, so we were there in very good time (I'm good at that) and had front row seats. The Paul Brady concert was also seated, but booked numbered seats. I had assumed that the Brewery seats would be a bit more comfortable. Wrong. And be careful which seats you book. We were on the third row - which should have had a good view - except for the pillars that were in my line of sight.

We made an evening of it and had a meal in the Brewery's Grainstore restaurant (which would have been good, if they had got my order right).

No comments: