Current Weather at Strickley

Monday 16 May 2011

Believe me, it is summer

It might be exceedingly cold and miserable weather, but we're planning for the warm dry spell that is surely round the corner. We're tidying round the silage pit and getting the machinery and tractors ready, so as soon as the weather is favourable we're ready to go (as long as it's after Sunday when James gets back from his holiday down south). I'm checking my stack of plastic lunch  boxes and planning on a mammoth baking session to fill them. No shop bought cakes this year now I'm a lady of leisure. But somehow the leisure has passed me by.

Oh, and we had our annual Soil Association inspection today and we're still Organic. Keeping the faith is more than just ignoring weeds and being kind to cows. If you're really interested, click on this link and then on "Full set of standards for producers". We also comply with Farm Assurance standards, then click on "Full standards manual".

No comments: