Current Weather at Strickley

Saturday 29 January 2011

Intermittent service

Just a warning - our weather site may not always be up to date. Over the past week the data has been sticking somewhere between the weather console and the PC, and while it is still updating the website, the data isn't changing and appears to be flatlining. Stop/starting the programme usually kick starts it, but having had to do it twice already today I decided to switch the the Hot Spare computer (as setup and tested last week - see post). The only thing to do was do connect the weather console to the laptop's serial port. Slight problem - wrong sex. Both connections were female, so I need a Gender Changer. I looked on one website and found what I wanted (9 pin M/M) for £2.01, but when I clicked on the basket, the postage was £6.26! So over to good old Amazon - £1.19 and free delivery.

So until arrives next week we're back on the old PC and trying to spot it freezing.

No comments: