Current Weather at Strickley

Wednesday 25 November 2009

We're back!

.
After Windows failed to load this morning I've been brooding on the complications if I couldn't get the PC back to full health. I'm meticulous in backing up (one of the effects of working in a commercial IT department), but I knew it could be a long and tortuous process to restore all the programmes and data. In the end I needn't have worried. It was my backing up that caused the problem. I called on a young IT expert (nephew-in-law to be Leon) who came round armed with disks and advice. We watched the PC sit in sulky silence with only an occasional flicker of drive activity. I then mentioned my external backup disk. Was it switched on when I did the updates/restart? May have been. So I switched it on, and away it went! Sighs of relief all round; especially when I started up the weather programme.

So thank you Leon. I feel I've been dragged back from the edge of an abyss.

No comments: