Current Weather at Strickley

Saturday 8 September 2007

A Pub By Any Other Name

Last Christmas (cue for a song?), James and Michelle gave us a voucher for a meal at a local well known pub/restaurant. We decided to save it until later in the year. As you know 2007 has been rather hectic and somehow the opportunity for a night out on the right day never presented itself. It also involved a bit of forward planning - book the restaurant, and taxi (James). But this week I saw a clear slot on Friday, so not having the voucher to hand (it was safely tucked away), I searched on the web to find the phone number. I knew I had the right one as I searched for (and found) "Wheatsheaf, Beetham".

So last night we were suitably washed and dressed and being chauffeured in James' new car, when a discussion arose as to which way to go. I said, I would go straight down the A6 and through Milnthorpe. James thought he would go into town and up past the old hospital. It was at this point we realised I had booked the wrong restaurant. I hadn't looked at the voucher since Christmas, but getting it out of my bag I saw it clearly said "Wheatsheaf, Brigsteer". As it was too late to do anything about it, we continued to Beetham and paid for a very good meal. And we still have James and Michelle's treat to look forward to.

A Senior Moment, or as Robert (who was in the car) said - "Silly Grandma".

No comments: