Current Weather at Strickley

Wednesday 18 July 2007

Cold Spare

I'm well known at home for forgetting to lift out Ice Cream before we want it, and having to scrape slithers instead of scooping scoopfuls. But this week it hasn't mattered. It's come straight from freezer to table as "soft scoop"; very soft scoop. So when I was able to stick my finger into a previously rock hard bowl of homemade Orange Ice Cream it was time to act. We've had our suspicions about this fridge-freezer for some time, as a vital looking bit at the back of the freezer compartment is hanging off. But opening the door with my eyes closed I've been able to ignore it.

Now another thing I'm well known for is always have a "Hot Spare", or in this case, a "Cold Spare". So I did a stock take of what was in the Drink and Drugs* Fridge - 33 cans of Boddington, Carlsberg and Fosters, plus a shelf of miscellaneous drugs*. It was a time to prioritise, so the drink has been relegated to the slate slab in the Back Kitchen. If you are passing by and get offered a beer, it won't be as cold as it used to be.

I've moved all the food from the pantry fridge to the spare fridge and as soon as I can grab a strong man to help me move the fridge to get at the socket, it will be switched off prior to further investigation.

* veterinary only

No comments: