Current Weather at Strickley

Sunday 21 March 2010

Twenty four hours from Strickley

.
It was only Friday night, but it now seems a lifetime away.

We left Strickley about 11.30 on Friday and were back again by 1.30 Saturday. Just over 24 hours; some of it spent sleeping (in the worst bed I've ever tried to sleep in) and some of it travelling, and even some of it eating and drinking. But the essence of the weekend was the two hours watching Chris Rea on stage. Each time we see him I wonder if it will the last so I try so hard to store it deep in the recesses of my mind so I can recall it all later. The seats were good - uninterrupted view to the very centre of the stage (my fingers were poised to book the day tickets went on sale) and the sound was amazing. It's the sort of experience you don't want to end, and I would willingly have opted for a Ground Hog Day chance to relive it again and again.

But everything is finite and now it's Sunday afternoon. We've been shopping, got some wood in, sorted some paperwork and paid the monthly bills, planned the meals for the next few days and put supper in the oven. Henry's milking and I'm looking forward (but not necessarily in a good way) to a week at work.

I hesitate to post a link to the concert - though there are clips on YouTube - as nothing can really convey the atmosphere of a live concert - but if you go to YouTube and search for "Chris Rea 2010 Harrogate" you'll find some clips. I thought about taking a camera, but decided to enjoy the moment, rather than be fiddling with technology.

Till the next time

No comments: