Current Weather at Strickley

Saturday 22 November 2008

I have a little list

or "The Countdown Begins"

One of the advantages of working "funny shifts" (as my family think of them) is that once every six weeks I get the best shift of all, known to us at work as "your five days off". I usually have all sorts of plans of things to do, and this time the list is even longer as I must try to at least start to get Christmas organised. The five days off is of course followed by less family friendly weeks and 4 weeks today we're having a Bit Of A Do which also needs planning.

So I've started by writing a list.

Make the cake
Finish the Present shopping (amazingly I'm quite well on with this)
Make the Christmas cards
Monthly accounts
Make certificates for Shorthorn Herd Competition (yes, I know the results!)
Shop and cook for the long (5 day) weekend of working that follows the 5 days off
And the rest that I've forgotten

By I go back to work on Thursday I hope to have ticked off 4 things.

No comments: